Teaching Internships in South Africa
Teaching Internships in South Africa; Education is a great career choice and with a degree in this field, you can enter the private, as well as the public sector. Career options vary from educational positions to management, counselors, assistants and more. Education is also a serious career option in South Africa as there is a great shortage of skilled workers in this section. Internships in this field could be for a duration of 6 months to 2 years depending on the company and specifics of the work.
Teaching Internships Available
Candidates looking to follow this career field has a couple of options available to them. These are not the only options, but some of the more basic ones to look at.
Fields may include the following:
- Early Years Teacher
- Primary School Teacher
- Secondary School Teacher
- Further Education Teacher
- Special Needs Teacher
- Community Education Officer
- Youth Worker
- Education Administrator
- Learning Mentor
- Careers Advisor
- Community Development Worker
- Speech And Language Therapist
- Museum Education Officer
Here are some companies that offer internships within this field, yet, there are much more:
- Department of Basic Education
- Department of Higher Education
- ST Stithians College
- GO Abroad
- ELI Abroad
Teaching Internships Requirements
Each company has their own conditions that candidates will have to meet in order to be able to apply. We have compiled some of the basic requirements, but please ensure you know what the stipulation is, of the company you are applying to. Candidates who aim to apply for any of the fields within accounting, need to be critical thinkers, open-minded, work well alone, as well as with others, have an exceptional way of communicating, and must be client and business orientated.
- Candidates who are a South African citizen, with a valid ID document
- Applicants with a Matric and degree in their field of application
- Candidates with a passion for Mathematics, English, Natural Science, Life Science and Physics
- Applicants are preferred who are computer literate
The following abilities will be to the candidate’s benefit:
- Great communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven and motivated to succeed
- Research, analytical skills, and detail orientated
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Capable of working in a team
- Time management and prioritizing skills
- Must be able to excel under pressure
Some companies may offer candidates the opportunity to become permanent members of their staff after the internship period but not all companies do. Candidates with disability are also urged to apply for internships in this field.
Teaching Internships Application
Online teaching internships applications can be found on the websites of companies offering these internships. Candidates will be able to collect more information concerning the process of each company on the web pages of said company they intend on applying to. All applications must be completed in full and all necessary papers certified and attached before sending in the application, please do not attach your originals. Candidates who have no feedback within three months after the closing dates of internships can assume their application did not make the cut.
Teaching Internships Closing Dates
The closing dates will be different from company to company. It will depend on their needs within this field during the year. All applications must be signed and certified copies of all vital documentation as specified must accompany the application. No late entries or incomplete applications will be considered. Candidates must ensure they know what the closing date is and have their application in before then.